Monday, April 05, 2010

A Ray of Sunshine in an Otherwise Dreary Driving World

For several days I have noticed an increase in random, crazy driving... I have also had conversations with others about their experiences lately with drivers. Yesterday a driver stopped in the middle of the road to let a car in... as nice as that is, I honked at him. I'm not a jerk. You just can't stop in the middle of the road. You just can't. If that guy in the center turn lane didn't realize you were stopping to let him in within the first 15 seconds, its too late.

Today I was already slightly annoyed because one of my favorite little "short cut" roads was closed for construction, so I had to take another route and there was road construction there too! So road construction alone does not annoy me. What annoys me is when people get out of the lane that the cars are being forced into just to get ahead by three or four cars. Or when cars are blocking the intersections because they... I actually don't know why they do it. Maybe they can't wait for another light cycle... who knows.

So today as I was driving home from school I saw a car in a parking lot with a banged up hood and front bumper (Sad). But I realized that the little fender bender had just happened! What amazed me is that the drivers had pulled into the shopping center to take care of their business to not block traffic!

They must have not been from Utah... it is the only conclusion I could come up with!

But it was a little sunshine in my gloomy, rainy driving day.

No comments: